02. What Your Soul Sings
04. Paradise Circus 05. Lately
06. Black Milk
07. Weather Storm
08. Protection (f/ Everything But The Girl)
10. Be Thankful For What You Got
11. Dissolved Girl
01. The Five Stairsteps – Danger! She’s A Stranger
02. Schoche – Algebrique
03. Ann Peebles – I Can`t Stand The Rain
04. Jerry Butler + Thelma Houston – If You Leave Me Now
05. Ann Peebles — Trouble, Heartaches & Sadness
06. The Mighty Ryders — Evil Vibrations
07. The Deele – Shootem Up Movies
08. The Stylistics – Hurry Up This Way Again
09. Lonnie Liston Smith – A Garden of Peace Pt. 1
10. Norman Connors – I Have a Dream
11. Love Unlimited – If This World Were Mine
12. Dave Grusin – Either Way
13. Bobby Womack – And I Love Her
14. Creative Source – Rainbow On The Ground
15. O.V. Wright – Let’s Straighten It Out
16. Bobby Caldwell – Open Your Eyes
01. Freedom – Warren Xclnce
02. Stoner.Body – Lanzo
03. Hieroglyphes – Everydayz
04. YouKnwLov – Odeeno
05. Tonight – Nooon
06. Currents – Taeo
07. The Tame – Dutchy!
08. ForTheChildren – The Programmer
09. Right Here (REMIX) – Arµ-2
10. Walkthrough – Radj
11. Son of the Drum – Shuffle Jack
12. The Heavens – Go Yama
13. Sunday Drive – Spellworks
14. Dreadlove – ShunGu
15. Sunset – Imagined Herbal Flow
16. Pearls – Wax Mantic
17. Soul Of The World – Chaden
18. Luminessence – Neotip
19. Deeper – Madlib
20. Introspection – Abjo
21. Don’t Stop – Lodek
22. Time Warp – Kwuamie
23. Make You Feel – Alina-Baraz Galimatias
01. Ah Yeah – Robert Glasper + Musiq Soulchild + Chrisette Michele
02. Postpartum – Taylor McFerrin
03. Try Me – IAMNOBODY + Ego Ella May
04. Underwater – Ego Ella May
05. Telephone (Freddie Joachim Remix) – Erykah Badu
06. Loveaholic – LeXuS + Jonra Amour
07. Nobody (Arµ-2 Flip) – Moonchild
08. Just a Minute – Moonchild
09. Lady In My Life/Say Yes (Live) – Robert Glasper
10. Do Better – Fatima
11. This Is the Lost Generation – The Lost Generation
12. Where Edges Meet – Noel Zancanellla
13. I Won’t Forget – Princess Freesia
14. Missing Love – Princess Freesia
Original Soundcloud post
This Valentine’s Day was so special. Me and my wife, Kitchen Rebel decided to spend the day in her world. She let me into the kitchen the watch/help her cook our Valentine’s Day meal. She was nice and we did something rarely simple; anti-pasta dish (and was AWESOME!). I also was curious about mixing drinks so we both learned how to make Apetol Spritzers, Italian Grape Sours and Moscow Mules! We were both nice a tipsy. All in all, it was fun actually seeing how incredible she is in the kitchen.
Along with cooking, we participated in the annual Cupid’s Hunt Event– the release of love-oriented mixes put together by an assortment of Podcasters and Musicians. Coordinated through social media, it’s been one of those cool things we’ve been doing for a few years now.
I after two years (and sitting out a 3rd year), I felt i didn’t have much else to put out for ‘the hunt’, so I was retiring. That is, until my wife decided to join the fray. While I’m more of a ‘do what you feel’ person, she’s my perfect compliment with her meticulous planning, when it comes to projects. She brought in the ideas of concepts and sound byte and we’d intermingle with the tracks. What results is a naked and unabashed approach to the event.
Last year our concept was “Does Anybody Still Believe in Love?”. This year it’s “Be OK”– a journey through the stages of grief in Love. Not just relationships, but anything that you are attracted to. Enjoy!
Love is madness. Love is pain.
Or you’re not doing it right.
This playlist was about the relationship that dictates my life.. The bane of my existence..
Creativity.. Soul. Purpose.. Love.. However you chose to define passion.
A love that feeds my existence and makes me want to change the world,
Or makes me so sad and hate the world that I don’t want to be in it.
Create or cry. There is no middle ground.
This shit is hard
— Kitchen Rebel